Do you know a young person heading to university or TAFE in 2021 who could use some help?
Our 2021 Scholarship program is now open – an initiative of Upper Yarra Community Enterprise Ltd franchisee of Community Banks Warburton and Yarra Junction District.
It aims to financially assist academically capable and committed students from the Upper Yarra region who have been offered, for the first time, a full time or part time place for a first year undergraduate degree at an Australian university or college, or a first year Diploma or Advanced Diploma at a TAFE.
Through our Scholarships we aim to provide support for expenses that might otherwise dissuade our young people from taking the leap into Tertiary education.
Applicants must live in the Upper Yarra region as defined by postcodes 3799 and 3797, and be an Australian Citizen or permanent resident.
Scholarships are for a 1 year duration, with Scholarship values ranging from $1,000 up to a maximum of $5,000 at the discretion of the Selection Committee.
Who are we looking for?
- Young people in the Upper Yarra seeking to pursue and realise their academic dreams.
- You can demonstrate the challenging circumstances (financial and/or social) hindering your ability to undertake further study; and
- You are an academically motivated and committed student
- You can demonstrate community involvement
- awarded to full-time or part-time, first year undergraduates studying at an Australian university or TAFE (Diploma or Advanced Diploma) for the first time and who have graduated secondary school either in 2020 or in 2019 (took a gap year)
- for a 1 year duration for the 2021 intake
- in Scholarship values ranging from $1,000-$5,000
- available to applicants who live in the Upper Yarra area as defined by postcodes 3799 and 3797, and be an Australian Citizen or permanent resident.
- offered for on campus and/or off campus (including online) and can be studying on a full-time or part time basis
- for expenses that are directly related to the study being undertaken. Supported expenses include: accommodation costs, course costs, study related materials/equipment, textbooks, tutoring.
Applications are reviewed and recommended by our Selection Committee, with final endorsement by the Board of Upper Yarra Community Enterprise Ltd.
The Selection Committee reserves the right, at its discretion, not to award this Scholarship in any given year.
All applicants will be notified of the outcome.
Applications close: Midnight Sunday 24 January 2021
Recipients announced: Wednesday 03 February 2021
Download Geoff Vickers Youth Scholarship 2021 APPLICATION FORM here