Scholarships to make further education easy
Our Scholarship 2015 program is now open! The Scholarship aims to assist academically outstanding but disadvantaged students from the Upper Yarra area, who have been offered a place at an Australian university or college of the first time or will be attending a TAFE for the first time studying at a Diploma or Advanced Diploma level.
To be eligible, you must meet the following criteria:
- Be an Australian citizen or permanent resident. Be a resident of the Upper Yarra region (residing in the postcode areas of 3799 or 3797)
- Be a First Year undergraduate in 2015 (first attendance at an Australian university) or first attendance at a TAFE, studying at Diploma or Advanced Diploma level
- Be studying full-time or part-time in 2015 (all study must take place in Australia)
- Have graduated from secondary school in either 2014 or in 2013 (took a gap year)
- Be able to demonstrate disadvantage (economic and/or social) that would prevent further study
- Be able to demonstrate outstanding academic achievement
- Be able to demonstrate local community involvement
Applications close 23 January 2015.