Welcome to Warburton & Yarra Junction Community Banks

What does our Community Bank do for the people of Warburton & Yarra Junction? 

We reinvest 80% of profits back into the community and since February 2000, we have provided more than $3 million to community-based projects and organisations via our Sponsorships  program.

In the same way as a regular bank, your Community Bank offers products and services with the goal of being a profitable business. But Community Banking is based on a ‘profit-with-purpose’ model, which means our profits are returned directly to the community that has generated them – people living in postcodes 3799 and 3797 – that’s you!

We call this ‘shared value’ and this is a foundation of our Community Bank branches, which are owned by the community (account holders and shareholders) for the community.

In big banks, 100% of that profit is returned to shareholders but in Community Banking we are different.

Our shareholders agreed to receive  a 20% share, leaving the remaining 80% for reinvestment in the community. That’s where the money comes from and that’s how we’ve been able to put more than $3 million back into the community. Simple, isn’t it?

And there’s a simple reason to bank at your Community Bank – because it means something you have to do every day actually benefits you and your community every day.

DOWNLOAD Issue7 in digital version

Local Life Issue 7 - May 2016

Local Life Issue 7 – May 2016


Quicklinks & downloads

Sponsorship Form
Acquittal Form

Photo Competition 

Frequently Asked Questions

Personal Banking
Community Bank Logo redo